- Brand Name: Zyrtec;
- Active Ingredient: Cetirizine Hydrochloride;
- Manufacturer: J AND J CONSUMER.
Zyrtec and its drug substance Cetirizine Hydrochloride
Zyrtec is the trade name for Cetirizine Hydrochloride. The drug is available in various dosages of 5 mg and 10 mg suitable for different ages and patient preferences.
The main therapeutic effects of Cetirizine Hydrochloride are achieved by blocking or reducing the activity of histamine. This natural substance is responsible for the manifestation of allergic reactions in the human body.
The clinical effectiveness of Zyrtec has been confirmed by numerous studies. This new generation medicine:
- Minimizes or eliminates allergy symptoms;
- Helps in the first phase or when an allergy attack has already begun;
- Provides an anti-inflammatory effect.
Indications for use
Zyrtec may be prescribed in accordance with its licensed indications to people over 6 years of age, suffering from:
- Chronic (lasting more than 6 weeks) urticaria;
- Allergic rhinitis of any type (perennial, occupational or seasonal).
Treatment regimens and dosages
Zyrtec is for oral use only.
- Typical dosage regimen: A 10 mg tablet approximately every 24 hours;
- Dosage for patients over 6 years of age: A 5 mg tablet twice a day;
- Dosage regimen for mild symptoms: A 5 mg tablet approximately every 24 hours.
Recommendations for use
To get the most out of the treatment, follow these guidelines:
- Don't miss taking pills, one dose of 10 mg is enough for 24 hours;
- Take regular doses at the same time every day;
- Zyrtec can be taken at any time of the day;
- If you have a sedative effect (such as weakness), take the tablets in the evening;
- Don't chew or crush tablets before taking them.
Patients with moderate or severe renal impairment may be given a dose of Zyrtec 5 mg every 24 or 48 hours.
Take the missed tablet as soon as you remember, skip the dose if it is almost time for the next dose.
Don't take Zyrtec without consulting a doctor, if you have or have had the following:
- Respiratory problems;
- Impaired liver or kidney function;
- Problems with urination.
Be careful if you drive a car until you know how the medicine affects you.
Usually, Zyrtec tablets are not recommended for children under 6 years of age, as this dosage form (tablets) does not allow to adjust the dose.
Use of Zyrtec during pregnancy
Don't take this drug if you are planning to get pregnant, are pregnant or breastfeeding, unless advised otherwise by a doctor.
Possible side effects
The most common side effects that may appear are:
- Dryness in the throat or mouth;
- Itchy, sore throat;
Important specificity! Zyrtec has a lower risk of pronounced sedative effects (such as fatigue and drowsiness) compared to first-generation H1 antihistamines (for example, Clemastine).
Cetirizine Hydrochloride: interaction with other drugs
Inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines. It is especially important if you are taking:
- Muscle relaxants;
You should not take Zyrtec with alcohol or sedatives due to adverse action over the respiratory and CNS functions.
Store in a dark place at a temperature of 20°C to 25°C, out of the reach of children. Heat and dampness can damage the medicine.
The best offer for Zyrtec online on the market
The better price of Zyrtec is probably what brought you to our online pharmacy in the first place. After all, crazy prices for allergy medicine are what many allergic people complain about, in addition to allergy symptoms.
We believe that treating allergies and improving health should not hit the budget too hard. Thanks to our close cooperation with large pharmacy storehouses and reliable manufacturers, we are ready to offer lower prices for Zyrtec and other important medicines.
With a prescription or without it, you can buy Zyrtec at our online pharmacy in just a few minutes. Your order will be quickly created and sent to the indicated address. If you have any delivery questions, please contact our customer service consultant.